Surely it has already happened to you that you needed a hydraulic hose of a specific size, and you didn’t have it at hand. Today we will quickly explain what to do to get your customized hydraulic hose.
Shall we get to it?
But first… we have to explain what a hydraulic hose really is, don’t we?
Let’s get down to business.
What is a hydraulic hose?
In general, a hydraulic hose or hose line allows the transport of hydraulic fluids or gases between parts and components. Their nature will depend on the user’s needs, and it is at this point that it is crucial to know how to order them.
Hydraulic hoses allow connecting elements, distributing fluids such as oil among them. They consist of a hose, a sleeve, a fitting for a hydraulic hose, and a press.
We like to entertain you with more practical things, but click here if you want to learn more about hydraulic hoses.
Step 1: What do you need to know before you order a hydraulic hose?
Many say: knowledge is power. And in this case, it is very accurate. There are many factors to consider when ordering a hydraulic hose, and if you make a mistake, it won’t do you any good to have placed an order. So what do you need to know to get your customized hydraulic hose?
Types of hoses
Here I ask you the critical question: what do you need? You need to note down the following characteristics so that you don’t make a mistake when placing an order:
- Hose diameter
- Hose pressure
- End fittings
So, is that it? Not quite. There are still a few details to take into consideration.
Diameter and connection type
In addition, you must know the type of end fitting, material compatibility, swivel radii, fitting material, hose material, whether it is reinforced, corrugated, rubber, stainless or stainless, plus PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene).
In Redfuild, we have a specific section on hoses, hoses, and hoses to measure for you to locate the one you need. In addition, we can advise you on what you need to choose the most appropriate for you. Our technical area knows the hoses in Barcelona. You have an online tool on the web to determine the compatibility of Redfluid materials with your valve or joint, according to the liquid that circulates through it.
Step 2: How to measure the length of the hoses
Measurements play a critical role in the case of hydraulic hoses. Not only the outside diameter of the hose must be calculated, but also the inside diameter, the radius, and the curvature.
The length of the hoses is usually identified through the Over All Length (total length) or the Cut Length (cut length).
- Over all length: It is determined by measuring the assembly from end to end.
- Cut Length: It is a length that is determined by the cut factor. In the case of assemblies, the B dimension of each connection is subtracted from the Over All Length value.
Step 3: What type of hydraulic hose and what material do I need? Hydraulic hoses in Barcelona.
There are different types of hydraulic hoses in Barcelona. They can be reinforced, coiled, corrugated, or multiple. Additionally, they can be classified according to the materials in which they are manufactured. They can be elastomer, fluoropolymers, thermoplastic or metallic, or high-pressure flexible hoses. Everything will depend on your system and the need you have.
I leave you a tool on “how to know if your fluid complies with the level of compatible materials“, sure it will help you. This will help you to get your customized hydraulic hose.
If you need flexibility, it would be convenient if it is made of elastomer. If the product passing through it is chemical or corrosive, you would be better off with fluoropolymer. A metallic or a high-temperature flexible hose is convenient even when the liquid is transported high temperatures and pressures. And, in case the radius is small and requires kink resistance, the best is a thermoplastic.
Type of hydraulic hose according to the sector
- Hydraulic hoses for industrial use: Used in heavy and light machinery, such as hydraulic hammers, manufacturing machines or companies that use machines for cleaning processes.
- Hydraulic hoses for public works: For the construction area, where there are drills, saws, hammers and all those machines that use hydraulic hoses.
- Hydraulic hoses for the agricultural sector: the most used machines in this sector are: excavators, tractors and ploughing machines.
- Hydraulic hoses for the automotive sector: braking system in vehicles and expenses used to lift them.
- Hydraulic hoses for the pharmaceutical sector: With special materials for the pharmaceutical and medicinal sector.
- Hydraulic hoses for the food sector: With materials compatible for food use.
- Hydraulic hoses for the hydrogen sector: Compatible with high pressures and hydrogen.
Last step, do you want to make sure you order the right hose? Don’t hesitate to call us.
At Redfluid, we can calculate, design, and manufacture the customized hose according to the specifications you need. Often, you may have doubts when writing down the details, and then we recommend you call an expert. Also, you can contact us whenever it suits you, don’t be shy, we like to receive calls and chat a bit about what you need. Don’t be scared to ask; asking is wise.
Anyway, if you prefer to contact us in a more modern way, click here and write us about your concerns. We will respond, as they say in the US, ASAP.